• RSS

Monday, November 23, 2009

Just For Who He Is

My heart is overflowing with thankfulness, not just for all that the Lord has given me, but for who He is. How many times have I doubted Him? Yet He always longs to work in every situation for my good...He is faithful. Though I live in a chaotic and pain-filled world, as I surrender to Him, He redeems every pain...He is gracious. When serenity seems an impossibility, He surrounds me with rest and comfort...He is peace. He directs my steps in the way that is right and helps me understand His Word...He is truth. Through heartache and loss, He gives a contentment which words cannot explain...He is joy. Even in my darkest days, He provides glorious bits of sunshine...He is light. Every new day is filled with His mercies, with His promise of renewal...He is hope. Nothing can take me from His hand...He is love.

I am amazed that He longs to share Himself with me, that He wants to teach me of His perfections. Truly, my Creator, Redeemer, Master and Friend is More Than Enough for every moment of every day. May the offering of my life show how truly thankful I am.

Your lovingkindness, O Lord, extends to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mountains of God; your judgments are like a great deep. O Lord, you preserve man and beast. How precious is your lovingkindness, O God! And the children of men take refuge in the shadow of your wings. They drink their fill of the abundance of your house; and you give them to drink of the river of your delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light. Psalm 36:5-9

0 comments:

Post a Comment