• RSS

Monday, November 16, 2009

Remember

Praise the Lord, O my soul, all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's...The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love...he does not treat us as we deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us...Praise the Lord, O my soul. ~Psalm 103:1-5, 8, 10-12, 22~

Remember...the Lord has whispered this word into my spirit with great repetition. He calls me to remember His benefits, to revisit and meditate on who He is and what He has done...and as I remember, my heart is filled with gratitude, my mouth sings His praise. What wonders He has done in my life! I cannot think on them without thanksgiving.

When the work of your hands prospers...remember. When surrounded by those who love you...remember. When your body knows sweet health...remember. When peace fills your heart...remember. At the first sign of doubt...remember. When tears soak your pillow...remember. In sickness...remember. When your bank account balance does not equal the amount needed for your bills...remember. When the unexpected threatens your peace...remember. For the Lord gently whispers: "Circumstances may change, but I do not change. I AM the same yesterday, today and forever...I AM." Remember.

0 comments:

Post a Comment